Today, Fujitsu announced the release of ScanSnap iX1600 and iX1400 in Australia and New Zealand, the latest models in the ScanSnap1 Series.
The ScanSnap iX1600, our latest flagship model in the ScanSnap Series, enables higher scanning speeds of 40 ppm/80 ipm (A4-size documents, colour, 300dpi), which is 33% faster than its predecessor, iX1500. In addition, the iX1600 holds better functionality, usability and enables a stress-free operation through faster a start-up time. It also has a Searchable PDF generation, which is capable of turning 10 pages (20 sides) in a mere 25 seconds2.
The ScanSnap iX1400, the iX1600’s cousin, is a one-button USB connection model with simple operation. Retaining the basics of the iX1600, the iX1400 is an economic model ideal for scanning to the computer.
Read on to explore the key features of the iX1600 and iX1400.
As the latest flagship model in the ScanSnap Series, the iX1600 offers a comfortable scanning experience with a 4.3-inch touch screen and Wi-Fi connectivity. Profile icons on the touch screen can be customised to suit your needs. Data organisation and utilisation are complete at just one touch.
Ideal for team sharing
A perfect model for team sharing and document organisation in the office and at home. Filter through the set profiles to display personal icons for easy operation and select the device you would like to scan to. Four user licenses are included as a standard for multiple users, and it can be used in combination with cloud services.
Save to cloud with One-Touch in the World of the New Normal
Wi-Fi compatibility allows users to connect wirelessly to their computer and smart devices. Document and expense management is a breeze with a single touch on the touch screen. Saving to Cloud enhances workstyle flexibility and further promotes a borderless workstyle environment. In the world of the New Normal where there are mixed workstyles and an increased demand for document digitisation and sharing, saving to Cloud with one-touch for access, anytime, anywhere, bridges a more efficient remote working environment.
The ScanSnap iX1400 is the model dedicated to providing a simple, one-touch experience while retaining the iX1600’s scanning speed and image quality. The model makes every day scanning easy, bridging the gap where the physical and digital meet.
- Simple one-button interface
- Simple and secure USB connection dedicated model that provides a match for customers scan in environments where use of Wi-Fi is limited
Compare the models below:
|Scan Speed||40 ppm / 80 ipm||40 ppm / 80 ipm||30 ppm / 60 ipm|
|Interface||Wi-Fi / USB||USB||Wi-Fi / USB|
|Cloud integration w/o PC||✔||-||✔|
|A3 scanning||Manual scan(1)||Carrier sheet(2) required||Manual scan(1)|
(1) Switch via touch screen or long press of the scan button. Scanning using carrier sheets (option) is also possible.
(2) Carrier sheets are not included with the iX1400
Say hello to ScanSnap Home 2.0
ScanSnap Home is an all-in-one software that enables document management and utilisation, as well as scanner customisation. Since the release of ScanSnap Home, the software has undergone some exciting improvements such as the addition of a Quick Menu feature, improved speeds in searchable PDF creation, new user-friendly profile icons, compatibility with the Apple M1 chip (Apple Silicon)*3, and much more.
- Create “Profile” icons for frequently used preferences (save-to destination, cloud linkage, colour mode etc.)
- Scanned data can be saved as PDF, Searchable PDF, and JPEG, the searchable PDF can be created in seconds with simultaneous scanning and OCR processing
Easy and convenient to manage
- Classified automatically – documents, receipts, business cards, photos
- Named automatically based on recognised text
- Locates documents by searching texts in the scanned data
Stress-free scanning and utilisation in every environment
- Scanned data can be converted to Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Link to cloud or attach to emails simply just by scanning
- The “Quick Menu” profile allows to choose destination and operation after scanning
Please refer to https://www.pfu.fujitsu.com/imaging/ss_hist/ for more detailed updates.
Availability of ScanSnap Manager
ScanSnap Manager can also be used with both the iX1600 and iX1400. It can be used without changing the conventional experience even for those who are familiar with the previous ScanSnap usability or who have incorporated ScanSnap Manager into their business flows and systems.
- iX1400 RRP A$749 (ex GST)
- iX1600 RRP A$849 (ex GST)
For more information, contact the Fujitsu Products team today!
- ScanSnap scanners are marketed globally as a unified global brand by PFU Limited, PFU Group Companies, Fujitsu and Fujitsu Group Companies.
- Based on benchmarks at PFU Limited with ScanSnap Home 2.0 and iX1600 on Windows 10 operating systems.
- ScanSnap Home running on the Apple M1 chip operates with Rosetta 2. Native compatibility is planned for Fall 2021.